The Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch International Championship has confirmed five of the top six ranked women’s fastpitch teams to attend the event in the International Division:
- Team USA (2010 ISF Women’s World Champion)
- Team Japan (Silver medalist, 2010 ISF Women’s World Championship)
- Team Canada (Bronze medalist, 2010 ISF Women’s World Championship)
- Team Venezuela (5th place finish, 2010 ISF Women’s World Championship)
- Team Australia (6th place finish, 2010 ISF Women’s World Championship)
- One of the top three women’s fastpitch events in the world for 2012
- Amongst the largest women’s only sporting events in BC in 2012
- Largest fastpitch tournament in Canada
- 6 Divisions (Women’s International, Women’s Elite, Futures (U19), Gold and Select, Showcase (16U) Gold and Select Divisions)
- 80-100 participating teams from around the world
- More than 300 ballgames
- Over 1,300 participating athletes
- 100,000 expected attendance over the 10 day event
- 80 – 100 umpires from around the world
- 600 – 800 delegates (trainers, doctors, ISF representatives, coaches)
- 300 – 400 coaches from around the world
- Over 400 volunteers
- 5,000 hotel room stays
The Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch will feature a Women’s Elite Division with both national teams and international club teams competing, including teams from Great Britain, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru and China’s Liaoning Women’s Softball Team.
The Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch will also include the Future’s (U19) and Showcase (16 & under) Divisions, which will include both a Gold and Select Level. Teams confirmed from the Gold Level include the Ecuador National Youth Team, the Venezuela National Youth Team, and the Brazil National Youth Team.
The tournament is organized by the over 400 volunteers of the Canadian Open Fastpitch Society.
Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch By The Numbers: